Finding the best watercolor plein air palettes is never easy. There are so many options out there that choosing the right one is often a matter of trial and error. We have to spend time trying out different watercolor plein air palettes and brands to see which ones work best for us. We have compiled a list of the top 10 best watercolor plein air palette reviews for your consideration. They are specifically designed to enhance the quality and to full fill your needs. It is very important to make sure that you buy the best watercolor plein air palette for your budget because they are quite expensive. That’s why we considered the price while choosing watercolor plein air palettes.
Top 10 Best Watercolor Plein Air Palettes – Comparison Chart
- Transforms from smartphone size to a complete watercolor system that’s not just easy to carry, it’s easier to use
- Fits effortlessly in a pocket or purse so it’s perfect for travel, urban sketching or plein air painting
- The detachable water containers become a sturdy pedestal base that’s great on uneven surfaces or for hands-free use
- 12 empty half pans (W&N size) will hold your favorite liquid or solid colors, plus the palette offers plenty of mixing wells to blend them. Colors are not included.
- Versatile synthetic double-brush, size 2 for fine detail and size 4 for washes, plus built-in brush rests
- No Clamps or brackets needed
- Fits most photo/video tripods with leg diameter of 7/8" - 1 1/8"
- This shelf has a hole for plastic water cup and holes for your brushes
- Easily attaches to the Sienna tripod or most of round legs tripod
- Blocks can be easily removed
- Tempered glass palette and two 6.5"" x 10.5"" folding accessory trays
- Converts to watercolor or pastel palette
- Dimensions Length 11 1/2 inch, Width 13 1/4 inch, Depth1 1/2 inch
- Our new “Advanced Series” Easel is larger – 12” x 15.75”
- With over 80 square inches of mixing wells, our new “Advanced Series” Watercolor Palette Shelf is like having a studio palette in the field.
- SLIK U8000 Tripod has a wider stance and offers better stability
- The pochade boxes are built with strong finger joint construction using, poplar, maple, and Baltic birch components. A beautiful cherry stain and lacquer finish transform these painting tools into pieces you will treasure.
- All adjustments of the canvas holders and lid angle arm are controlled with easy to adjust plastic star knobs. Far superior to the common wing nuts found in many plein air easels the star knobs are easy to grip and result in much tighter holding power.
- The Medium pochade box include a removable tempered glass palette ideal for oils and acrylics. The finish provides an easy to clean finish and the light birch color is good for color mixing.
- The canvas holders are designed for ease of use and versatility. Both panels and stretched canvas can be held between the holders. Two star knobs in the rear of the lid adjust the height of your canvas. The maximum height of the M box is 15 inches; the L box is 17 inches. Any width within reason can be accommodated on both boxes.
- The included brush tray is a pleasure to use. It stows away perfectly on the back of the lid with the help of two magnets. During painting it slips over the right side of the palette box and stays put with another pair of magnets. There are indents for seven brushes and a flat area for holding palette cups of painting medium or thinner.
- Palette can be used as with the Sienna Medium Pochade Box or alone
- Features 16 angled paint wells and two large mixing areas
- There are two large mixing wells to keep warm and cool colors separate
- 2 mixing areas 3 5/8" x 5 3/8", four wells 1 3/4" x 1 1/8" and 12 wells 1 1/8" x 1 1/4" on each side
- Includes lid
- Full pans with magnetic base - easily attaches to any metal surface
- Bright white finish so your colors are true to color
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Fits in most standard travel palettes
- Easy to fill in with your paint colors
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Blaukopf, Shari (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 112 Pages - 03/26/2019 (Publication Date) - Quarry Books (Publisher)
- Matthew palmer is renowned for his beautiful detailed paintings and his ability to teach and inspire beginners
- Palmer, Matthew (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 03/24/2014 (Publication Date) - Search Press (Publisher)
- Amazingly, the Portable Painter Micro is actually smaller than a credit card! Yet it transforms in seconds to a complete watercolor palette
- At just 1.5oz (42gm) and one inch thick, it fits effortlessly in a pocket or purse so it’s perfect for travel, urban sketching and plain air painting
- Its tiny size and feather-weight make it ideal for hiking, camping, biking and nature journaling
- It attaches easily to a sketch pad or journal with a bulldog clip for hands-free use
- The Micro features plenty of deep mixing wells, plus a convertible water container that can also be used as a mixing surface
- PAINT ANYWHERE YOU LIKE - This all in one adjustable pochade box was designed for travelling.With a sturdy aluminium tripod,it can be used as Plein air like a french easel for outdoor painting.With the rubber bumpers on the bottom, it can be used as a small tabletop easel for indoor studio use as well. Its versatility enables you to paint anywhere you like.
- LARGE STORAGE SPACE-This Pochade box features three parts large storage space with removable dividers.Including one wood palette by sliding and a paint brush holder.You can aslo carry 3-4pcs in size 8" x 10" to 9" x 12" canvas panels at the box bottom.
- EASY ANGLES ADJUSTABLE- The hinged adjustment arm beside the porchade box can be adjusted to any painting angles,even flat for watercolor painting.The star knobs on the anti-rust arm make the adjustments super easy and firm.
- ATTACH YOUR POCHADE BOX FASTER AND EASIER -Travel Aluminum Tripod and Quick Reales Plate are special designed for this Plein air painting. The snap-in quick-release plate makes assemble pochade box on and off tripod a breeze.The release plate is quite match with the head of the tripod which is very sturdy in holding your pochade box firmly,no slipping or wobbling.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:MEEDEN Plein Air Painting Easel comes with a detailed instruction brochure and assembling video attched in our listing for how to easily assemble your new easel box. All assembly tools are well-packed in the package.If any questions, please do not hesitate to contact MEEDEN Service Team by customer service email address.If at any time you are dissatisfied with the product quality or any question,We can guarantee you the best customer service.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY ARTIST CUP - The Collapsible Water Cup has collapsible and expandable feature which makes it the perfect cup for travel and storage.
- BUILT IN BRUSH HOLDER - Features scalloped edges so your paintbrush will not roll off of the cup between uses. Paintbrush not included.
- HOLDS 12 OZ. OF WATER - This heavy duty water cup holds approximately 350ml or 12 ounces and is PVC and latex-free. Not for use with solvents.
- DARK GREEN ART CUP - Use your Clic & Go Water cup with all of your favorite Premium Quality Faber-Castell Art Materials. This water cup features a dark green outer with a gold inner color.
- FABER-CASTELL QUALITY ART MATERIALS - See your artwork come to life with the absolute best quality art materials. Faber-Castell has proudly manufactured premium quality art materials since 1761.
- Lanyard - 34" Nylon lanyard with measuring tape in both inches and cm. Measures up to 31" or 80cm. Attach the color wheel chart, view catcher and grey scale cards directly to the lanyard.
- Gray Scale Finder - Determine color values and intensities with the Pixiss grey scale & value finder. This artist viewfinder is 5x3" size.
- Pocket Color Wheel Guide- This color aid is a great color wheel for the artist in your family. Its a color wheel poster in pocket size. Want to know what colors look good together? The Pixiss color guide can help with identifying primary, secondary, tertiary and complementary colors. 5x3".
- View Catcher - The Pixiss Artist's View Catcher (often called a view finder or viewfinder) allows you to look at a scene or object in twelve sections to modify or draw with correct proportions. 5x3".
- Drawing Tools For Artists - Durable greyscale, color scale guide, and view catcher cards made of strong plastic the thickness of an average credit card. 5x3" in size. Completely waterproof. The perfect gift for any artists. Made in the USA.
- MEEDEN Watercolor Palette with Lid: MEEDEN colorful enamel exterior and white enamel interior with exquisite workmanship, shining and sturdy and easy to wipe clean.
- Many Mixing Areas: The empty watercolor palette has 4 medium fold-out mixing areas and another 1 extra mixing space if you remove the tray. The watercolor tin edges are rolled there is nothing sharp.
- Empty Watercolor Half Pans: 52 pcs half pans, 1.8 ml capacity and 20mm x 17mm x 10mm in size each, fit the metal tray nicely and easily removed for cleaning. Each pan is removable and can be refilled with your color of choice.
- Personalize Your Palette: 8.4L x 4.3W x 0.8H inch of the paint box, wonderful size with a thumb ring on the back, just fits in your hand. It can be easy to DIY your travel watercolor kit. It’s a great gift for professional artists, watercolor painters, students, and beginners.
- Lightweight Watercolor Tin for Travel: Fill up a box of different shades of all one color! Going Plein air painting? Fine-tune your palette to reflect the colors of the landscape around you. These empty half-pan boxes are sure to become one of your favorite painting accessories!
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colours are a range of water colours that are made to our high quality standards but costs are kept to an economical level by replacing some of the more costly pigments with less expensive alternatives.
- Cotman Water Colours possess good transparency, excellent tinting strength and good working properties.
- The Cotman Field PLUS is a compact and easy to carry set which transforms into the ultimate field water color set, containing everything you need to paint outdoors.
- This water colour set contains a Cotman Series 111 No.5 brush and 12 Cotman Water Colour half pans: Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Cadmium Red Pale Hue, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Ultramarine, Cobalt Blue Hue, Viridian Hue, Sap Green, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Chinese White.
- Set contains Payne's Gray, Lamp Black, Chinese White, Lemon Yellow Hue, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Sap Green, Viridian Hue, Turquoise, Dioxazine Violet, mixing palette and brush.
- Ergonomically designed brush pen with its own water reservoir
- Precision, synthetic tip that feels like your favorite paint brush
- Pocket-sized with comfortable, rounded corners
- Contains a mixing palette inside the lid
- Materials: The u.go Anywhere Pochade Box is made using Baltic Birch wood, while stainless steel and aluminum accents provide strength where needed most. All hardware is non-corrosive. The Baltic Birch is hand sanded and finished with New Wave proprietary wood finish for maximum durability. The finish on the pochade box easel is non-porous, dense, and resistant to water as well as standard artist solvents and mediums. In addition, the finish is crack resistant, chip resistant, and non-yellowing.
- Design: Rare earth magnets are used for closure, panel/canvas holder, removable side wall for palette cleaning/replacement, and accessory side tray attachment. Friction hinges with a sturdy 180° range of motion allow you to position the pochade box as vertical or horizontal. Compatible with universal 1/4" tripod mounts making it perfect for use as a tripod painting easel. The plein air easels have a smooth exterior free of protruding wood or metal components allowing for quick and easy storage.
- Palette: Each u.go Pochade Box comes with a high density plastic painting palette included. Oil paints can be removed with solvents, and dry acrylic paint peels off. Paint dabs can be stored on the palette when the lid is closed due to a recessed palette and recessed lid on the art easel box. Horizontal set up can be used as a watercolor easel tabletop.
- Surfaces: The Maximum Recommended Painting Surface is 9" Vertical. The teeth on the stainless-steel panel holders can hold panels as thin as 1/16" and stretched canvas up to 3/4" thick. The paint easel is ideal for 1/8" panels ensuring an ultralight setup. Side trays and glass palette accessories available for the painter’s easel.
- Dimensions: Measuring 8.4"x11.25"x1.25" the mid-size portable easel (Item #00702) is ultra-lightweight at 2.1 lbs, with palette included. While lightweight for use as a travel easel and plein air easel, the u.go Anywhere Pochade Boxes are sturdy easels for painting.
- Package includes 1 airtight watercolor palette with 18 wells for different paint colors and 2 large mixing areas.
- Mr. Pen airtight watercolor palette is made of sturdy white plastic that is easy to clean.
- This paint tray palette has an airtight lid, which is excellent for keeping the paint pans moist and easy to clean. Keep your colors tidy and organized.
- This watercolor palette is perfect for the classroom, travel, and Plein air painting. Suitable for students, occasional users, and professional artists.
- Mr. Pen airtight watercolor palette works perfectly for watercolor, acrylic, and other water-based pigments.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Albala, Mitchell (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 178 Pages - 11/30/2021 (Publication Date) - Rockport Publishers (Publisher)
- Zippered front pockets for brushes, pencils, palette knives, supplies
- Zippered side pocket for solvent container
- Large internal mesh pocket for small tools, painting panels or sketch pads
- Tripod carrier straps and pouch for the tripod feet
- Mesh pouch for water bottle and a loop for hanging backpack
Watercolor Plein Air Palette – Buying Guide
If you’re on a tight budget, don’t worry; there are plenty of affordable watercolor plein air palettes on the market. Some watercolor plein air palettes are even made for those looking for a budget friendly watercolor plein air palette.
This way, you can buy the best watercolor plein air palette without breaking your bank. The problem is that when you purchase a cheap watercolor plein air palette, you might be getting a low-quality watercolor plein air palette. Why? Because cheap watercolor plein air palettes are usually made with lower-quality materials. They also don’t have as many features as the more expensive ones.
The brand is one of the most important things to consider when buying a watercolor plein air palette. Why? Because it’s the only way you can really find out the best watercolor plein air palette. A good brand will always come with the guarantee that its products are high-quality and long-lasting.
It also should stand behind its products and offer customers the chance to return them if they don’t like them. The brand name itself should also make you feel good about the product. In addition, it should be trustworthy, reliable, and offer a decent level of customer service.
One of the most important questions you need to ask yourself when thinking about your new watercolor plein air palette is how long it will last. Unfortunately, the answer to this question isn’t as cut and dried as you might think.
As with anything else in life, there’s no “one size fits all” solution when it comes to watercolor plein air palette quality. Some models are better than others, and some can take more abuse than others.
watercolor plein air palette types can vary in durability, depending on their construction, materials used, and overall quality. Therefore, you need to pay close attention to find the best watercolor plein air palette.
It can be somewhat overwhelming for those who haven’t had the pleasure of shopping for a watercolor plein air palette online before. The good news is, you don’t have to go through all of this by yourself, as there are plenty of resources to help you out.
The bad news is many of them come from the manufacturers themselves, and their information can be misleading, vague, or incomplete. It can also be challenging to tell if the information you’re given is correct or not, and you may end up buying something that doesn’t work for you. That’s why it’s important to be careful with what you read regarding watercolor plein air palettes.
The customer rating section of a watercolor plein air palette review will tell you how many people have actually purchased the watercolor plein air palette and given it a rating. These are often called customer reviews and are one of the best ways to ensure that you’re buying the best quality watercolor plein air palette for your needs.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s something to think about when buying a watercolor plein air palette. There are plenty of models out there with similar features, but some of them look more pleasing to the eye than others. That’s why it’s important to consider what’s important to you before you start shopping.
And that brings us to the end of our journey of helping you find the best watercolor plein air palette around. We hope that all this information was actually helpful to you.
PaintingAll is committed to making your shopping experience easier than ever. Other than that, feel free to let us know if you have any feedback that makes us better at what we do. You can contact us here and read more know about us. You are always welcome for your feedback.